US History Courses SELL –This is just a guide.
Music, Art, Theatre Classes for SELL – This is meant just as a guide. Students are responsible for checking that the course meets TCNJ’s Liberal Learning Requirements as well as the Civic Responsibility requirements.
General Program Information
- 5-Year Course Sequence
- Deaf Education Undergraduate Audit Sheet 2013
- DHH 5 Year Study Abroad Course Sequence
- TCNJ Liberal Learning Courses which meet the State’s requirement in Fine/Performing Arts and in US History
- Applying for Graduation: Students must apply for graduation using PAWS and submit the Conferment of Degree form. There are three graduation times each school year: May, August and December. May applications are due in January, August applications are due in February and December applications are due in September. The graduation application fee is $75.00. Students who apply after the application deadline will be charged a $35.00 late fee. Students must apply for the bachelor’s degree and for the master’s of arts in teaching.
- Graduate Application (DHHT Program) In order for the college to transition a student from undergraduate (DHHA) to graduate status (DHHT), the student must complete the graduate application during the last semester of undergraduate study. To be eligible for the graduate program students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. It is a student’s responsibility to apply for admission to the graduate portion of the program. When completing the online application choose admit type “graduate matriculation” then choose ” MAT Deaf/ELEM (5 Year Program)”. When asked for previous school attended, put TCNJ. This online application should be filed by: March 1st for Summer or Fall admission to the graduate portion of the course of study; October 15th for January admission to the graduate portion of the course of study. Students do not need to do the following parts of the application process:
- letters of recommendation
- GRE exam
- Information on applying for graduate level Student Teaching/Internship II The STEP Office holds a pre-Student Teaching meeting toward the end of the Fall semester. This meeting is for any student who expects to student teach in the following academic year. Applications for Student Teaching are completed over the winter break and are due at the beginning of the Spring semester. Students must complete an application for the deaf education placement and a separate application for the elementary education program. Applications are submitted to the appropriate department and online to the STEP Office.
- Graduate Course Sequence
- Graduate Audit Sheet
- Comprehensive Exam: All master’s candidates are required to register for the comprehensive exam. In deaf education, this is typically given only in the spring semester.
- Information on Mantoux Testing which is required prior to field placements
- Information about security clearance requirements at MKSD
- Information on transferring undergraduate classes to TCNJ is available through NJ TRANSFER. If a course is listed on NJ TRANSFER as an acceptable course, you need not get a course approval form signed by the Office of Records and Registration. You may simply take the course and have the transcript sent back to TCNJ after the course has been completed. Please remember however, that most community college courses are three credits and that you will be responsible for the extra credit.
- FAQs About Certification
- Information on the New Jersey Certification requirement for the Sign Language Proficiency Interview (formerly known as the Sign Communication Proficiency Interview or SCPI).
Congratulations to Deaf Education majors who have participated in research with TCNJ Faculty through the MUSE 2011 Program: Dana Dispoto, Cara Evans, and Katie O’Dell. Also, congratulations to Sarah Jablonski on her project which was recognized at The Celebration for Student Achievement.